Tonight, I’m in the mindset of being thankful. I wasn’t able to “switch on” my thankfulness last thanksgiving on key, but by golly, it’s here today. Perhaps it’s just because I went for a run this evening (my second this year and in under 8 minutes). Or it could be that it was sunny and 70 degrees today in the Twin Cities. Regardless of what caused it, I’m feeling thankful.
Why Am I Always So Hard on Myself?
Let’s face it. I’m pretty hard on myself. I’m sitting here saving over half of what I make and thinking that’s not good enough. I sweated to pay my car off a couple years ago and today, I’m still writing posts on how I could sell it. For crying out loud, why don’t I just go for a drive with the windows and sunroof open, cranking the music and being content. Well, I felt a little of that today on my way home from work.
Here’s To You, …..!
So today, I’m giving thanks for what I’ve been given, what I’m able to do everyday and my motivation to want to do more. Here’s who I have to thank for all of this and who has inspired me to kick it in gear:
- God. As a person of faith, He’s my main inspiration for kicking it in gear. Words can’t describe how thankful I am for His grace, mercy, forgiveness and love.
My dad (who’s no longer here physically, but always is with me spiritually), my mom (who’s always believed in me, and told me repeatedly, that I can do anything I put my mind to), my older sister (who has high expectations of me) and my younger brother (whom I want to be a good role model for).
- My co-workers. I have some outstanding co-workers who are really my best friends. We talk about being better people daily and we inspire each other to execute.
- My boss. He’s got high expectations of me and far fetched goals and ambitions for our company. He also has given me my job, which has been a HUGE blessing in my life these past 5 years.
- My friends. I have some great friends who push me to do better. I have to admit though, I don’t have enough positive, encouraging friends. I want more of them.
- All of you. I’m thankful for your comments and readership as you inspire me to keep working hard on this blog. I have even been thinking about starting more blogs, on different topics I am passionate about.
I’m sure I could go on further, but that would just be boring for you, so I’ll stop. If I forgot you, I’m sorry. There it is. My thankfulness rant. Now, I’m going to make myself an iced cold margarita, sit back and just chill out. Have a good night everyone!
Category: Doing What You Love